Monday, June 3, 2013

The Garden is Growing - 2013 Style

This post brought to you by Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.
Last year I spoke about some yard and garden work that we were busy with. We had had some trees taken down and grass planted in their places and for the first time, the kids and I planted a garden. The grass grew in nicely in most of the yard,
but there's still a patch that we will need to reseed in the fall.
The garden also did quite well so the kids and I decided to plant another one this year. Unfortunately, the garden started out looking like this:
My husband was kind enough to rip out all the weeds so we could start from scratch. The other area that I wanted to work on was right around this light pole in the front of our house:
Before I planted anything, my go to soil is always Miracle-Gro. It has never let me down and nourishes the plants for months at a time. They've got so many other great products besides soil, not to mention their plant food. You can even follow their fun garden projects on their Pinterest page where gardeners can swap ideas and projects and be sure to like The Gro Project on their Facebook page. They have so many great DIY projects that are simple to create.
Here's what the light pole is looking like today:
I just planted them and already they are blooming like crazy! (Disregard the over-grown grass, we are having some issues with our lawn mowing company...) Petunias do great in full sun and spread out nicely so I'm hoping that it'll soon wrap around the area more. I also planted some bulbs that I got from a fundraiser at my daughter's school, but I'm not sure if we'll have to wait until next spring for them to bloom.
The garden is also doing amazingly well! We've got cucumbers:
Snap peas:
And green peppers:
Too bad the MiracleGro also helps the weeds grow super strong! I need to get another bag of mulch to put around the plants to keep the weeds at bay. As you can see, it's a no brainer to use MiracleGro products because it works so well to nourish the plants and help them flourish.
Be sure to check out this video about MiraclGro's new Gro Project and join the millions of green thumbers!






Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment