1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
6 soft, ripe pears*
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinammon
1 egg white, beaten
*The best way to make sure your pears are soft is to buy them a few days before you are going to make them and place them in a closed paper bag. Some kind of chemical reaction with the gases they release takes place and ripens them faster when you do this.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. On a piece of parchment paper, roll out one sheet of dough to make a long rectangle. Cut into 6 long strips.
3. Combine cinnamon and sugar on a flat plate.
4. Peel pears and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. For each pear, take a strip a dough, and starting from the top, wrap it around the pear, overlapping slightly. Place pears on a baking sheet.
6. Gently brush each pear with the egg white. Bake for 40-45 minutes until dough is golden.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
What do you think? What other Fall desserts have you made recently?
Craftionary | Serenity Now | Creative Jewish Mom | It's Overflowing | DIY Showoff