Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What's Been Going On...

As some of you may have heard or even experienced yourself, there was a HUGE wind and lightening storm Friday night that caused severe damage in our area. (If you follow YHL, you know that Sherry and John were effected also.) Our local gas and electric company had over 600,000 people with reported outages. Needless to say, I've been out of touch with blogland and most certainly haven't gotten any DIY done around here. We finally got our power back on Monday night around 9:30 pm - almost 72 hours after the storm. Our house was a cool 87 degrees. Luckily we have a basement which is about 15 degrees cooler than the upstairs so we were sleeping down there every night. The kids loved it and thought it was a fun sleepover party. For the hubby and I, not so much. Once it gets dark outside, there is literally nothing to do unless you want to read by flashlight. I don't know how people used to manage - we are so spoiled! Here's a sample of the damage that was left behind after the storm.

Source
The worst part was that my office closes every year the week of July 4 so I was hoping to get a ton done while I was off. Instead I'm playing catch-up on household work and we're going to spend our day stocking up the fridge and freezer. I don't even want to think about all the food that we had to throw out.... Yesterday I did a couple errands and got some supplies for some projects I hope to complete, but right now my work area is looking like this:


Can you say "disaster zone"? I can't even explain half of the stuff that's there so don't bother asking! Just keeping it real for you :-) Now before I get anything done, I have some major cleaning to do. Hopefully I'll be back next week with something fun to show you.

Until then, have a great July 4th! Enjoy all the barbecuing and fireworks and God bless America!

Source


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment