Monday, September 24, 2012

Chalk Bin Solution

Ever since putting up this removable chalkboard, it has been covered with all sorts of drawings, doodles and messages.


The whole family enjoys writing notes and drawing pictures for each other. There was only one problem: no place to put the chalk and eraser. The kids could never find the chalk and I ended up just using a napkin to erase what was there. It was a pain and not a good solution. I started searching for a small, light container that I could use, but was coming up empty handed.

Finally on Friday I found the perfect solution. I was at Office Depot looking for something else, and I saw the school supplies was on clearance. Enter this little beauty for $1!


I know it's bright pink, but I did what any other self-respecting blogger would do and pulled out the good old spray paint.


A few hours later it was good to go! I used some command strips to hang it on the wall.


It's the perfect size for the eraser and chalk and now everyone can find what they want easily.


Here's a zoomed-out view. It sits in this little nook right when you enter the kitchen so I don't have to worry about anyone bumping into it. Now to swap out the light switches and plate for some white ones...


p.s. Besides Office Depot, Target was also having 70% off school supplies, so now's a great time to stock up on essentials for next year.


Pin It

Linking up:
Hi Surgarplum |

3 comments:

  1. This is so clever! The command strips were a genius idea. Thanks for the inspiration! Also, thanks for the tip on the school supply sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best! What a great idea and thanks so much for sharing it at our link party. Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome solution Lori! Spray paint to the rescue ...

    Thanks so much for sharing at our spray paint link party!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete