Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We will never forget...

There's nothing to say, and yet there's so much to say. September 11, 2001 is our generation's "day that will live in infamy." Our grandparents had Pearl Harbor, our parents had JFK's assassination, and we have the tragedy of 9-11. I remember clearly where I was when I heard the news. I was sitting in my photography class in college listening to the professor lecture and the assistant to the dean of the department of art came in with a note for the teacher. You could see his face fall as he read the note. Needless to say, class was quickly dismissed as we all rushed home to figure out what was going on. I went to school about an hour outside of DC so it took on a more frightening feeling.

Source
The unity and sense of nationality that our country had that day was remarkable. We put aside our political differences and came together for one purpose. Never forget. God bless America.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment