Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Home Goods Window Shopping

I recently had a little time to kill and found myself browsing the aisles of Home Goods. Just thought I'd share some of the eye-candy and goodies that I found. Unfortunately, nothing came home with me that day...

First, check out the basket aisles!


They have every size, shape, color and style that you can imagine!


They also carry a nice selection of wire bins and baskets which are all the rage now. The prices were very reasonable and most under $20.


Moving on to furniture, they had this great storage table that would great in an entryway for gloves, scarves, hats and all winter paraphernalia as well as sunglasses, sunscreen, beach gear and all summer stuff. Or you could give each family member his/her own basket. Not to mention the standard keys, phones, and chargers in the solid drawers.


I love this bathroom cabinet, but unfortunately our current bathrooms are too small to fit anything like this. The top knob is for a shelf that pulls out for extra storage.


I then strolled through the kids' section and I knew my little guy would LOVE this stool, but we had a little incident several months back involving him and a similar stool that ended up with him in the hospital with stitches so I left it right where I found it!


The lighting section did not disappoint either! This gorgeous desk lamp was only $40 and I can see it fitting in with so many different decor styles because it's so classic.


This lantern also caught my eye. It's something you'd typically expect to be for candles, but this was a real lamp and at only $24.99 it's a steal.


No visit to Home Goods is ever complete without checking out the chairs. They always have great statement chairs. I would totally get these two as end chairs for our dining room. I love the colors, pattern and nail-head trim.


And how about this pink lovely? Perfect in a tween or teen's bedroom as a desk chair or just for reading!


Can't leave Home Goods without taking a picture of the infamous broken ceramic dog from YHL! :-)


This was an easy DIY wall art project that I saw. It was simply a framed piece of fabric, but at $50 it was definitely something that's cheaper to make yourself.


This giant spoon was pretty neat but without the matching fork and knife it was looking kind of lonely. It would make a great statement piece in a kitchen or dining room, though.


Another great DIY project I noticed was this weekly-chalkboard-hook. It's a great command station or organizational piece, but I imagine this can be DIYed very easily.


And I will leave you off with this:


I love the shape, color and trim and I hope to DIY one of these in the near future. Stay tuned and happy shopping!




Pin It

Linking up here:
It's Just Called Spicy | The 36th Avenue |

4 comments:

  1. Lori, that was fab eye candy indeed! I love Home Goods, I think you found everything that I would have wanted to bring home that day. Love the white dog and the giant spoon, too cool.

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. I have just signed up as a follower. Please drop by to Carole's Chatter and check it out. You might like my Food on Friday series which focuses on a different ingredient. Last week it was Berries and Currants. This week it is pork. If you like my blog it would be great if you followed me back. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh, I LOVE all of these items! I haven't been to Home Goods in a long time, I will definitely have to check them out :)

    We just bought a house so there's plenty of room to fill it!

    Love the accent chairs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have to be a mystery shopper since you have an eye for good items with great prices!

    ReplyDelete